Please Join us for our Next NEW RELEASE Blog Hop on April 12th!

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

February Creative Dare "Life List"

Hi Everyone!

Today I have my February Creative Dare from Tracy Weinzapfel "Mixed Media Mondays" to share with you! You can find out all the details here on Tracy's Blog!

This month we were challenged to do a "Life/Bucket List" in a mixed media form. :D

Here is my attempt!

 I have used Deco Arts acrylic paints,Memento ink,and distress inks.
The sentiment stamps on the tag is from Rubber Arts Cafe. (One of the sponsors this month,along with DecoArts). The other stamps that I used are from Unity Stamps :)

The "Dream Big" sentiment I first stamped with modeling paste because I wanted some extra texture under it. Not sure if I like that or not!
Any way, I did emboss the "Beautiful Life" sentiment at the bottom of the page,and I think I like that better. ;)  The distress brick wall and the vines and flowers are from Unity,and I stamped those with the memento ink and distress ink. 

 I used Tim Holtz Washi tape over the top of my list. I kind of like the fact that it had the months of the year and felt that went well with the idea of the list.

 I love this sentiment by Rubber Cafe! They have some great ones that are still on my "wish" list! lol
Flowers are from May Arts (I think,..they were in my stash!)
 
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope that you enjoyed seeing my attempt. Do you have a "Life list or Bucket list"?  This Dare has given me a chance to think about some things that I would love to accomplish, and has made me refocus! It is so easy to get caught up in the everyday things that go on and to lose sight of ourselves in it.
 
Have a great week!
Blessings and Hugs,
 
Mary

2 comments:

  1. Love your Creative Dare project, Mary! And, I love that I could actually *read* some of your dreams. Despite the difference in our ages, we have many similar dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job on this Mary, I really do loe all your layers and sentiments on it. Lots of yummy dimension! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete