Please Join us for our Next NEW RELEASE Blog Hop on April 12th!

Monday, November 15, 2010

It is a {ippity} Hip Hop Monday!

Hi Everyone!

Well the excitement is building for the new release on Thursday this week! Can you believe that {ippity} started a year ago? Wow!
This release is even more exciting than the last! Of course each time we have a new release we all say that it is our favorite! :) And with the Designers that we have I think that will always be the case!

For today's challenge we were to use numbers on our projects. And I decided that I was going to do something different than a card this time.
I did a Christmas candle! I saw a tutorial done by GinaK last year on her website stamptv.com.
I did a few of these last year using fall leaves,they were stamped with gold embossing powder and then I colored them in using alcohol inks. I gave some as gifts and my friends seemed to love them!
I am going to try to do a few more this year using the fall leaves in out {ippity} set "Fall for You".
For this candle I used the Unity stamp "Numbers,etc." for a border at the bottom. The Snowman and the large snowflake are from the {ippity}set "Kissmass and Mistletoe", which was actually from our very first release a year ago! ( which I do have on sale for 30% off right now!;)  ) The smaller snowflakes are from the {ippity} set "Season of Joy". (which is also on sale!)
 I embossed the snowflakes and numbers using versamark ink and white embossing powder. The snowman is done using broken china distress embossing powder. This was done onto white tissue paper. I then used a heat tool to warm and slightly melt the wax as I placed the tissue into it so it was absorbed by the wax,fusing it to the candle.
I finished it with rhinestones in the center of the snowflakes, organza ribbon, the stick pin has a snowflake charm, and then I added a blue crystal dangle from 7 gypsies. The embellishments I purchased from Cats Craft Cupboard.

I hope you like it!
Be sure to join us on Thursday for Release Day! My stamps should be here any day, and I will have them ready for shipping come Thursday!
In the meantime please check out my {ippity} page for my current sale and Free Gift!

Thank you for stopping by and for all the kind remarks that you leave, they all mean so much!

Blessings and Hugs,

Mary

12 comments:

  1. Oeh, this is a gorgeous idea, to decorate candles!! Love it and love the way you give a regular candle such a wonderful christmas touch!!
    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally love your candle!! Love the snowflakes, sparkly, and snowman..so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your candle is just stunning! Whoever gets this as a gift will truly love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mary, i love snowmen and this is just so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! What a great way to decorate for Chirstmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO pretty :) Love this, such a great idea for holiday decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Love this idea for holiday gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh Mary, I need to make these...I've seen them but have never done this...I may have to CASE yours to get me going! Sooo pretty and definitely make fabulous gifts...thanks for sharing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, nice project!!! Great set too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful job, Mary! I've never been successful stamping on a candle. Your creation looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty candle! Great job stamping on the candle. That's not always so easy to get it straight and with such crisp edges!

    ReplyDelete