Please Join us for our Next NEW RELEASE Blog Hop on April 12th!

Monday, February 1, 2010

Velvet Embossing

Hi Everyone!


Hope you all had a great weekend. We were trying to keep the puppies quiet since they had their little surgeries last week.....of course trying being the operative word! They both are feeling very spunky so it is a challenge!


Anyway, I have some long distant friends who were interested in velvet embossing. And I told them that I had done a Velvet embossed flower basket, it was suppose was to be for my daughters' wedding. She however didn't get married ( A blessing), and I put the basket into storage to be brought out some day when she marries someone that deserves her! ( Boy does that sound like a Mom or what! :) )

I told my friends that I would post a picture, so decided I would post it here in case anyone else was interested in seeing the basket as well.;)
The bows are a little flat after being in storage and all wrapped up, but we will fix that up when the time comes!









I learned how to do this from Mary O'Niel,who owns a stamp company called Hot Potatoes. She had been on the Carol Duvall show years ago doing the embossing and it looked so pretty! She carries a line of stamps that holds up to the heat of the iron, and she also sells the velvet in beautiful colors. The stamps of course are for all types of stamping and other projects, but her stamps also hold up to the heat as I mentioned before. Her site is http://hotpotatoes.com/.

Since I have more time now I may end up tweaking this one a little, although my daughter says she loves it as is. we'll see.



Okay back to straighting up my crafting space. That was the other thing I was working on the weekend....I don't know if I will ever finish it!



Have a great evening.



Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment