Please Join us for our Next NEW RELEASE Blog Hop on April 12th!

Friday, February 19, 2010

Velvet Embossing and {ippity}

Happy Friday everyone!
Wow this week went fast, of course it was a short week for many so that helped.
I have a card to share with you today that was inspired by a challenge posted by Heather Rolin of Unity Stamps, she is one of their artists and a Guest Designer this month.
The challenge was to use one of the following, Fabric,canvas or leather instead of Design Paper. Well here is my take on it ( you can click on picture to enlarge)





I didn't get it done for the challenge ( the dogs escaped, got them back, fixed the invisible fence..you know all those typical things that you do..tehe)but I was inspired by it. I really love the look of embossed velvet,so I thought I would try it for the fabric part. I had a scrap piece of the gorgeous purple velvet,( which I got from hotpotatoes.com) I used the heart image from the Devoted stamp kit from {ippity}, and embossed it into the velvet....now these stamps are not made to do heat embossing, and I probably wouldn't do this all the time, but the stamp seemed fine afterwards.( for info on embossing velvet please see this site http://hotpotatoes.com/) I cut it out using my rectangle nestibilities and adhered it to mounting adhesive,then card stock to give it a little stability. The long rectangle is cut with nestibilities again and the CS is gold metallic from Gina K. Black CS is embossed with clear embossing powder and I used Distressed Hearts background stamp from Unity.

The sentiment is also from the Devoted set ( love all the verses in that set!),I used versamark ink and black embossing powder on pure luxury from Gina K, then cut with the Nesties again( can you tell I love those things!;) ) and used milled lavender distress ink around the edges, Card base is Amethyst metallic from the Paper Temptress....it is beautiful card stock!A few rhinestones and dew drops,then butterflies that were punched and rhinestones used on bodies, the leaves are a punch as well. On the inside I did place a piece of plain white card stock with one butterfly and leaves. Left it blank on the inside for now.

A lot of info I know, but I want to give credit to the people who are responsible for either inspiration or products.

Well I have 2 other images that I embossed and I am going to try to get another card done today...so maybe another post later,or this weekend.

Thank you for stopping by, it really means a lot!

Have a Blessed weekend,

Mary

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love all the detailed stuff- and purple is the bestest:) ><>

    ReplyDelete
  2. I {heart} purple. Love all the shimmer Mary!

    ReplyDelete