Please Join us for our Next NEW RELEASE Blog Hop on April 12th!

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Kissmass and Mistletoe!

Hi Everyone!

Today I am back with and oldie but a goodie! Especially with the Holiday's approaching! ;)

We are showcasing "Kissmass and Mistletoe", one of {ippity's} first Christmas sets. Of course since it is snowflakes and a snowman it can be used for any winter holiday!

This is a project that I did awhile back, but I thought I would re-post it since I think it is a great idea for gift giving!
I did a candle, using tissue paper to stamp on with versamark,and then embossed the images using white and turquoise embossing powder. The border of numbers at the bottom is also a Unity stamp.
I then melted the candle just slightly with my heat tool and covered the candle with the tissue,allowing it to absorb the wax. This way the candle becomes safe to burn since the fibers of the tissue paper are now filled with the wax.


 I added little adhesive gems to the centers of the snowflakes for some added sparkle.


 And then tied turquoise organza ribbon to the base with a stick pin that I added a snowflake and turquoise crystal charm to.
 
I hope you give it a try! I first saw the tutorial for this candle on stamptv.com ( I think! it has been awhile!) If you have any questions about it please e-mail me at maryscreativejourney@gmail.com and I will try to answer any questions that you may have about it!
Thank you for stopping by today!
Hugs,
 
Mary
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment