Please Join us for our Next NEW RELEASE Blog Hop on April 12th!

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I am Back! :D

Hello Everyone!
So as promised here is another Art Journal Page!
I hope you are not sick of them, because I have a few more to share! ;)

 Well I maybe sorry I showed this one to you all,but  Tracy Weinzapfel Had asked us to do something, or work with colors outside of our comfort zone. And black is out of my comfort zone when it comes to paint or dyes!
 I think I mentioned in my last post that I had purchased some new mists from Dylusions, and Studio Calico Mr Huey's. I love them! I used the black marble,crushed grape and lemon zest from dylusions for my background, then laid down a mask from Tattered Angels and sprayed the calico white from Mr. Huey. The stamp over the top is from Unity called Take Note and it simply says "Notes", there are roses in the corner on the bottom left of the stamp,but I wanted to use these flowers from Prima.( the roses are beautiful though!) I then drew in a box and added some extra flourishes curls with a memento marker and then lined with a white pencil.

 The edges I went around with some vintage photo distress ink, after I used a distressing tool on the edges of the paper.
My thought for this page was that I needed some pages that I could write my thoughts on,and on this particular day using these colors of ink seemed appropriate for some reason. So the challenge of using colors outside of my comfort zone was a good one! ;)
It is a dark page, but as I was working on it the lemon yellow color in the corner felt like the sun trying to come out on a cloudy day,pushing back the dark and the gray clouds to find warmth and light.  Of course I needed some sparkle on the page as well, so I used the crystal flourishes from Zva.

Well I hope you like it. Any feed back on this one would be appreciated! ;D
The page I will share tomorrow is MUCH brighter! And I used the Unity May Kit of the Month!

Thank you for stopping by today!

Hugs,
Mary

1 comment:

  1. your pages are lovely what do you store them in and how do you store them? like a scrapbook album?

    ReplyDelete