Please Join us for our Next NEW RELEASE Blog Hop on April 12th!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Canvas piece for Unity's monthly challenge!

Hello again Everyone!


I wanted to share this Canvas piece that I did f or my Daughter's friend,which also qualifies for this months Unity Challenge to use Hearts!

My daughter's friend wanted me to do a canvas for her, using a poem that one of their patients at the clinic where they work brought in to share with everyone. It is a poem about battling with depression. A few months ago I did a canvas piece with this same poem for their clinic . you can see that one in an earlier post here.
I used Unity's stamp set "The Artist in You" with acrylic paints from Claudine Hellmuth's Studio line paints. The foliage has been stamped several times and the distressed. The very first layer of stamps I used clear embossing powder and heat set it. I think that this helped to add some depth to this layer of color.
I did add a strip of Tim Holtz tissue tape across the bottom and then distressed it with antique linen distress inks,and then stamped a layer of green foliage over the top of that as well. The poem is printed on GinaK pure luxury thru our ink jet printer and then distressed with distress inks.It is hard to tell put I did used some verasmagic wheat ink to stamp the vine image from the set onto the poem for a background,but it is difficult to see.
The Heart image was stamped using the acrylic paints. I can't really give you colors because I did mix my colors to get what you see. Claudine has a great chart available on her blog that you can download that shows you all the variations of colors that you can get by mixing her basic colors! It is a wonderful tool to have.
If you click on the photo you will be able to enlarge this so that you can read the poem.

Thank you for stopping by today! I would love to know what you think of this! And any suggestion are appreciated! :)
I will probably be doing a few more of these if anyone is interested. My daughter is going to be doing the 3 day walk for the cure,for Breast Cancer. She will be doing some bake sales and I will be doing some craft items for her to sell as well. I think  that I will do these for her to try to sell.

Have a great day!
Blessings and Hugs,
Mary

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Mary. And the poem is wonderful. I love how you painted the canvas. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh WOW! This is just GORGEOUS and that poem is so beautiful. What a wonderful gift you have made your daughter's friend! The addition of the heart is perfect and thanks again for playing along in the challenge, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is beautiful Mary! Great job. Love how it looks on the canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great piece of mixed media...love the colors painted along with the lovely, eye-catching heart and the poem is so very moving. Well done!

    ReplyDelete