Please Join us for our Next NEW RELEASE Blog Hop on April 12th!

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Hello!

Hope you all are having a beautiful Sunday!

I wanted to share a card that I did for the very special Katie Renz. An incredible artist and someone in our crafting community that is battling stage 4 gastric cancer.  She is documenting her journey through on her blog so if you would like to find out more or send her a card for encouragement check out her blog link Here. There are also several fund raisers going on right now to help the family out with the mounting medical bills and you can find out more info on the i{heart} papers blog post here. The color throw down challenge blog did a card drive for Katie and they choose the colors pink,chocolate and blue.  Well those werent' the exact names because they used SU paper colors, so I used something close, I think!? ;)

So here is my card!
I used Isabelle and cocoa from Stampavie. The card stock is GinaK pure luxury and the blue panel I ran thru my cuttlebug with an embossing folder. the main image is colored with copics, cut out and popped up with pop dots onto another stamped image on the white cs. I used a nestabilitie to cut out the main panel and I did use 2 of the same size die cuts and fit the top layer onto the chocolate cs so that it looked like a book page.
 The roses are from Wild Orchid Crafts, the crystals are Zva from the i{heart}paper store as well as the satin ribbon. I did add the chocolate pearls to the crystal design,and the pearls on the scalloped panel on the edge as well. That panel I punched using a Fiskars scalloped edge punch.

I forgot to photograph the inside message before I mailed the card,but it was one that I found at Heart and Soul rubber stamp company. She has many perfect stamps for an occasion such as this! I hope that this will lift Katie's Spirits,and bring a smile to her beautiful face! I don't know Katie personally but I have followed her blog. She is a fighter! And I am sure would love to hear from you as well!                
                         
                                                                                       

                                                                                                                                                 
Blessings and Hugs,                                                                                                                                    

Mary                                                                                                                                                       


No comments:

Post a Comment