Please Join us for our Next NEW RELEASE Blog Hop on April 12th!

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thinking of You

Happy Thursday! ( well it is almost friday :) )

Hope you had a wonderful day today! The weekend is almost here, and tomorrow on the Unity blog is Friends with Flair! There are so many talented people that will participate, you should check it out! I am hoping to participate next week, we will find out the new challenge tomorrow.... I will let you know after we see what the challenge is! lol


Then tomorrow on Cat's Blog ( Cat's Craft Cupboard) she will be posting a new challenge for her new Friday Feature Challenge. And along with the challenge there will be specials! The items that are featured in her inspiration piece that will be on special for 48 hours! So you should check out her blog as well!
Okay, for my card tonight I am sharing with you a card that I did for one of my on-line friends who was very ill, and at the same time her house was flooded from the recent rains. So our little on-line group thought that she might need some cheering up and decided to get people as many people as possible to send her cards, and this was the card I did for her:


The image of the little girl is "Mimosa with Tea" from Paper Jewels and the dog with the Rose is Penny Black Birthday critters clear set. I colored the images with copic markers and the cut Mimosa out and popped her up using pop dots and mounted her on pure luxury white from GinaK. The DP is Graphic 45. Used the rectangle nestabilities both plain and scalloped.


I used a butterfly punch and then embellished it with clear rhinestones, the flowers are from wild orchid crafts. Oh, and the ribbon behind the flowers is silk ribbon from the stamp simply ribbon store.For the leaves I used a punch from EK success.




















I hope you like it! Although the most important thing is that our friend is doing better and Her home has dried out! :)Have a great night, and I will be back soon!

Hugs and Blessings,

Mary

3 comments:

  1. Those paper roses are gorgeous! Great card! I am sure your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mary, how adorable is THIS! I just love your layout design and can't get enough of those beautiful flowers. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! How on earth did you mail it though? :)

    ReplyDelete