Please Join us for our Next NEW RELEASE Blog Hop on April 12th!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Birthdays and Babies Oh My!

Hi everyone!
Last week really got away from me! (again!!)
I do have several things to share with you, but today I will only show you two of the cards and then tomorrow I WILL be back with another. :)

This first card I did for the 1st Friday Feature Challenge at Cat's Craft Cupboard! (http://http//catscraftcupboard.blogspot.com/2010/03/fridays-feature-1.html)
She is going to be posting a new challenge every other week on Fridays. The first challenge was was posted on the 2ND of April so the next one will be this Friday!
Her first challenge was this sketch:













And Here is my take on it!

I needed a Birthday card for my Daughter's girlfriend so I used this darling image from Unity Stamp Co. March Store Kit of the Month.
For the Cupcakes I used copics and glitter pens for the icing and the strawberries and then paper pieced the "paper liners" on the bottom, embellished the cake stand with some pink pearls and then cut the image out with labels 12 nestibilities , used pop dots to adhere the white card stock to the amethyst metallic from the paper temptress. The lilac polka dots from Lasting Impressions I got at Cat's Craft Cupboard awhile back as well as the flowers. The pink polka dots is making memories which I picked up
at Micheal's as well as the ribbon. I did use memento ink for the image(tuxedo black) and to highlight the background sky blue ink, around the edges dandelion yellow.



The next card I would like to share, is a Baby card!
Another friend of my daughter is having a little Girl next month. ( boy time flew,.. well maybe not for her!tehe) This was the card I did for her Baby Shower....
I used Baby Girl Jumper Unity Stamps. Colored the image with Copics and clear star glitter pen. Added rhinestones to the bodice, some cute little buttons and the roses are from wild orchid crafts. I used Sizzix Round-a-Bout die cut alphabet set for her name "Jordan"( isn't that a darling name?!). The Nestibilites Petite Large Oval plain and scalloped is the matting behind the image. DP is imaginisce Twitterpatted and I used a pink glitter paper from Cynful Designs for her name....I hope you can see how pretty that paper is in the picture, sometimes it is really hard for me to get the sparkle.
Here is the inside of the card as well, I used the new Baby Borderabilites and then layered the DP under it.
I think the sentiment is from Heart and Soul Rubber Stamps ( I think :) ) I just love that verse.!

Okay, well that is all I have for today but I will be back tomorrow with another card for you.
Have a wonderful evening and I hope you can come back tomorrow and join me again!



Hugs and Blessings,

Mary

1 comment: