Please Join us for our Next NEW RELEASE Blog Hop on April 12th!

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Feature Wednesday! And a Michael's inspired craft!

Hi Everyone!

Well it is Wednesday and that means time for another Fabulous Feature Kit from {ippity}!
This week we are showcasing our ADORABLE Alphabet set called "Alphabetically Adorable"!

My project this week was helped along by a trip into Michael's this weekend,although probably not in the manner that you are first thinking, which is retail therapy! haha!
My daughter and I went in and they were having a quick make-n-take project using 2 12x12 pieces of scrapbook paper, and it was FREE! So we thought why not!? Well the craft project was called a pocket, and I wish that I had really looked at the name tag of the young lady that was instructing us because she was very sweet and very patient as we picked out our patterned paper. She had several selections to choose from. The one that I used I think was from sei, it was one of their baby sets.
We made the basic pocket there and then I embellished it and added the name of my daughter's girlfriend's baby who is due any time now! :D

 You use 2 sheets of 12x12 paper,cutting the front that will act as the pocket to 8". Then line them up at the bottom and then go all the way around using strips of duct tape! It is that easy! Now as we were talking the young lady said that you could certainly add another page cut at 4" to make one more pocket on the front. You can use these for adding any types of papers, photos, could certainly do one for your kids for their homework or papers that they bring home to have signed etc. Bills would be another idea.
I used the alphabet to spell the Baby's name ,colored  it in using memento markers and attached to card stock from GinaK designs that I cut out using nestabilities.
I left that corner open on the left hand side for a photo of Adriannah to be put once she arrives! ;) I also added some little clips at the top to hang little reminder notes and mementos.
This is a fun alphabet set and so whimsical, I just love it!

 Next time you are in Micheal's check out their make-n-takes, their free and only take a few minutes! Oh and if the young Lady that helped us out on Sunday stops by here today and you leave me your name in the comment section I will add it to this posts! I would love to give you credit! :)
Thank you for stopping by today!
Have a great day!
Hugs,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment