Please Join us for our Next NEW RELEASE Blog Hop on April 12th!

Friday, August 2, 2013

Let your Spirit Fly!

Hello Everyone!

Well I guess you could say that I have been taking a break for awhile from the Blogging world! (Obviously! LOL) But I am back today!
Many things going on that needed and still need my attention, but I want to start getting back into the swing of things! It feels very good to do so! :D

I have some projects that I would like to share with you over the next week and today I am here to share my July Creative Dare for our Monday night Mixed Media with Tracy Weinzapfel! You can find her blog here. And the link for our Ustream class on Monday nights is here. The August challenge will be up soon and we would love to have you join in with us!

Okay, so my project! The July creative dare was to pick a favorite project that Tracy had done so far this year on Monday night. This is the project that she did that was ONE of my favorites:

Dare1

And this is what I created from her inspiration! :


 


 

 
I love the colors of the buttons in her project and the playfulness of it. It just made me smile every time I looked at it! I used a twist on her sentiment from last week which was "Grow your Spirit", and since my Spirit has needed a little lifting lately, and the hot air balloons seemed to speak to that I decided to let it go and allowed my Spirit to fly while I was creating this piece. I felt like I was 5 years old again gluing all those buttons! LOL....and maybe that was the point! I had to keep reminding myself that it wasn't suppose to fit together perfectly. I knew I had wanted to do a split canvas and thought that off-setting the 2 would add to the visual interest and give the feeling of movement .In looking at it right now I think I need to add a cuff at the bottom of the balloon, but I'll have to think about that! ;)
The smaller balloons I used stamps from Unity Stamp Company for the outlines, and then filled them in with gesso ( Claudine Hellmuth, but deco arts makes a good one as well ;), and then used deco arts paint to fill them in. The small balloon under the bird I used 2 piece of cello wrap that I had from a bouquet of flowers and used decoupage to attach them to the canvas. On the stripes and polka dots I used Art institute fine glitter for some sparkle!  
There is Distress ink in Dusty Concord and Vintage Photo around the edges. The Buttons are from Buttons Galore (who was a sponsor  in which I won the drawing!) and also from my stash. Montana paint pens in black and white, and a charcoal pencil all made appearances on the canvas!
I hope you like it, and maybe will find some inspiration in it for your own Spirit!
 
Thank you for stopping by! I truly appreciate it!
 
 
Blessings and Hugs,
 
Mary
 
 
P.S.  Please look for a  post later this weekend on some ippity inventory that I still have available!
As you have probably noticed, if you are a loyal Unity Fan, there has not been any new ippity releases in a very long time! Angela has made the decision to combine the lines all back into Unity  for now. A new program is suppose to be developed but we don't have word yet as to what that will be. For now ippity is still available on the Unity website. I will put the inventory together and let you know what I have if you are interested! They will be listed at 25% off the msrp. :D
 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mary,

    Once again, fabulous job. I wish I had time to play. Just haven't had the time to just get in there and do it. My internet carrier is changing so wanted to get you at least an email that I do check on occasion. It's im underscore jnett at yahoo.com not sure if you have that one or not. My wowway acct will cease to exist in the next day or so. Just wanted to swing by and say I love your piece. You did the challenge justice.

    Blessings,
    Jeannette aka Jnett

    ReplyDelete